At Albion we celebrate good attendance and punctuality
At Albion we expect all children to attend school every day unless they are ill. Albion places a high priority on achieving standards and feel that excellent pupil attendance and punctuality are essential. In order for children to achieve their potential, pupils must be highly motivated to learn and keen and eager to attend school. Regular, punctual attendance will establish good habits that will support them throughout their lives.
Attendance and Punctuality Tips!
- Get book bags and clothes ready the night before to speed up the morning routine
- Make sure your child is in bed at a reasonable time
- Let your child's teacher know if you or they are having problems getting up for school
- Make routine appointments e.g. dentist, during the holidays or after school
- We award a weekly class attendance cup
- We give certificates, praise and additional rewards
- We have a display board in the hall celebrating good attendance
- We have a termly certificate for individuals with excellent attendance (98- 100%)
Who is there to support?
We recognise the need to tackle any issues surrounding attendance and punctuality. We have regular attendance meetings and work closely with Southwark Early help to support families with low attendance and lateness. Low attendance impacts significantly on children's wellbeing and progress.
If you need further information please refer to Attendance Policy or contact Marisa Hackforth at school.