We aim to inspire and foster our pupils’ passions, to enable the development of life-long skills and draw out every child’s potential.
Albion offers a wide range of Enrichment clubs after school, taught by specialist teachers. Clubs give our pupils the opportunity to develop new skills, make friends and build upon their confidence and life skills.
Our clubs include music, sports, dance, gardening, languages, arts & crafts, and computing. They change termly so do check each term for what’s on offer. Each club will start at 3.30pm and finish at 4.30pm and we ask that you collect your child promptly from the playground gate unless they are attending Extended Day. The teacher leading the club will escort children to Extended Day. Please be reminded that all children must be collected by 4.30pm, otherwise parents/carers may be charged an extra amount.
CLUBS START: Monday 14th September 2020
CLUBS FINISH: Friday 11th December 2020
NB Most clubs are for 12 weeks, but please note exceptions (see timetable).
Take a look at our enrichment timetable for more information:
Art Journal Club (Y3-6)
The Art Journal Club is for children of all artistic levels who want to learn a fun way of visual self expression. Using various art techniques, we will explore different art techniques and use different mediums to create an ongoing journal.
If you take part in the skateboarding club at Albion Primary you may have already heard of Skates & Ladders, the fastest growing skateboard tuition company in the UK. Skates & Ladders work with schools, local councils and the Royal Parks of London, providing quality, tailored skateboard tuition for all ages and abilities, offering private 1-to-1 lessons, group lessons and weekend Skate Club sessions.
All instructors are First Aid qualified and DBS (formerly CRB) certified with 10 years of expert knowledge so you know when you book a lesson with Skates & Ladders, you get the highest quality service and instructors you can trust. Contact the school office if you are interested in buying your own equipment at a discounted rate.
Gardening Club (Y1-6)
As all parts of the garden and the forest area are connected, in gardening club children help look after the fruits, herbs, vegetables, trees, and the chickens. They play an important role in composting, and looking after the worm farm. The gardening club decide what to grow next and sow the seeds, then they get to take the harvest home. We light fires, play nature themed games, tell stories, and create art work inspired by the garden in the colder months.
Spanish (Speak Like a Native) (Y1-6)
Our club focuses on fun, play and discovery. In every session the children participate in games, tasks and group activities – in Spanish! The focus is on speaking and listening in a stress-free atmosphere. Language guides follow a programme each term based on key words and phrases. Book here.
Additional information available here.
Description on its way.
In this football after school club we aim to teach the children basic ball manipulation skills such as controlling the ball, dribbling and changing directions. We also start to introduce team-based games in which we challenge the children to use these skills in a team.
In these sessions we start to explain the importance of spatial awareness and passing and moving amongst a team. We also challenge the children to think about different scenarios during a football match and how they can affect these scenarios using the skills they have learnt.
In our Multisport Sessions children are taught to master basic movement skills such as running, jumping, throwing and catching. We also develop core skills such as balance, agility and co-ordination and begin to apply these in a range of activities.
We aim to develop core basketball skills such as dribbling, passing and shooting. We then look to apply these into game situations and challenge the children to know when to use different skills at different times of a game.
If you like to dance, move your body or would like to learn special tricks and skills, Street dance is the place to be. The children get to pick their favourite songs, learn choreographed dances, play dancing games and perform at shows.
Style of music: hip hop, pop, RnB
Mandarin (Y1-6) – start date TBC
Our Mandarin club is taught by our professional Mandarin teachers, from the Confucius Institute. Children learn about Chinese culture (e.g. festivals, customs, traditional costumes, food, legends, literature, music and crafts). Each lesson has a unique theme and children will learn to speak or write some Mandarin related to this.
Description on its way.
Description on its way.
Tech Club (Y3-6)
Step into STEM! Run by NextThing Education, children will immerse themselves in a variety of brand new activities, experiments and group challenges using the latest and greatest tech. Visit www.nextthing.education/clubs for more information and to book directly.
Club Information and Terms
- Clubs run for a whole term. Exact dates are advised when application opens each term.
- Clubs need to be applied for online and paid for via ParentPay. For any help, see the school office.
- Clubs will be confirmed via your child’s Parent Pay account.
- You MUST re-apply for enrichment clubs each term. Clubs are not rolled-over from previous terms.
- We are unable to issue refunds once places are paid for.
- Children must be signed out when collected from clubs – written permission is required if you would like your Y6 child to walk home independently.
- Please inform the office if your child is not attending a session for any reason when they are in school.
- Children attending activities are expected to behave appropriately and follow our school rules.
- If the clubs are cancelled for any reason we will contact you either by phone or text as soon as possible.
- If a club is cancelled we endeavour to make this up with an additional week elsewhere.
- There are no refunds for inclement weather or circumstances beyond our control.
- All clubs have limited spaces and whilst we do our best to ensure equality and fairness, we cannot guarantee that children will get places in the clubs they request.
- Albion is committed to safeguarding and all personnel engaged for the provision of enrichment clubs have undergone an enhanced DBS check and safeguarding training.